Gaining value from data. Start at stupid simple.
We believe most people and organizations are overwhelmed by the data they encounter.
The below seems to be an accurate visual:
Here are some interesting points we believe apply to all people and organizations:
- Data is a raw commodity. How you refine it, the analysis you perform is what matters. This is where data analytics comes in.
- People and organizations are generally bad with analysis. Most people don’t like it, bias seeps in or post-analysis something controversial is surfaced.
- It’s ok to fail. Better to test a hypothesis and learn what works/doesn’t vs. always running the status quo.
- There are various solutions to help you. Hone in on one or numerous offerings fitting your needs and capabilities.
- Breakdown your thought process by collection, storage, visualization, and analysis.
- We’re beginning to see intelligent systems performing automated analysis (what we’re building at Sphere).
- Benchmarking provides a quick gut check.
- If you feel overwhelmed, that’s ok. Keep it stupid simple at first.
- Better questions lead to better information. Keep peeling back the onion.